Monday, May 18, 2015

Spring Anole Photoshoot


My pet bird Merle the Blue-crowned Conure, and a Green Anole lizard!
I'm sure the lizards in the yard are sick of me. I'm always saying hello and asking for their photo and their autograph and if I can name a child after them and if they'll hang out with me and be best friends forever and then I take their beleaguered judgmental stares as consent. 

Yes I am guilty of bothering the wildlife.
So handsome!
This rain gutter is popular, it's true. Prime lizard territory.

This one has a weird ridge of skin on the neck! I've never seen that before! Not sure what's up with that.

We all know these lizards are the best. Even if we don't admit it, we all know it's true, deep in our hearts.
I caught him showing off his throat flap, hooray!
I hope y'all like lizards as much as I do 'cause I'm not even done yet. Let's show some other animals for a bit though:

How do ya like these animals??

Enough of that, though, there are more lizards to see!

Spring time? Lizard time!


Lizards, lizards, everywhere
Another picture of my bird, because why not:


And, because I have (most sadly!) run out of lizard pictures (but not lizards), we'll move on to a few things anoles might like to eat.

Like this cool beetle that landed on my hand. Very small! I like the colors. Skin looks weird close up, but I guess that's how bugs see it.
And of course I can't resist a prime oppurtunity for a mosquito photograph.

And this picture blurred but I like how it makes this small moth look really big and spooky! Up against the glass on a window of course.
Now we'll end on a *super ultra bonus!* picture:


This neat crab exoskeleton that I found at the nature center. It's the size of my hand, and it's so intact! It's much more common to see the smaller fiddler crabs than these bigger ones, so this was a cool find. I thought it was just a dead crab, but after taking this picture I've since found out that crabs shed their shells as they grow, so maybe it's just a molted exoskeleton?

Keep your eyes open for cool lizards, crabs, and birds! Spring is a great season for exciting (and accessible!) wildlife encounters. You never know where those lizards could be lurking.

No comments:

Post a Comment